"The teacher is the chief learner in the classroom."
- Donald Graves

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Technology Plan

The task this week was to present a school district technology plan. Fortunately, I was on the committee that developed the plan; however, that didn't make the assignment any easier. I retrieved the final plan as submitted to the Arkansas State Department of Education and read through it. As I was reading, I remembered that Dr. Abernathy had said that the presentation should be tailored for a Rotary Club, Kiawanis Club or other meeting, not just an outline of what the plan entails. I decided to create a presentation without all the technical information; but rather I focused on a synthesis of the plan and how it is focused on meeting the requirements of NETP and especially the needs of students, teachers, administrators and parents in the district.

No comments:

Post a Comment