"The teacher is the chief learner in the classroom."
- Donald Graves

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weak 3 Reflection

No, I meant to do that. I've typed so much that my fingers are weak. So's my brain. I've spent more time thinking about all the little details in an action research plan, I wonder if my plan makes any sense, especially since planning is not my strong suit.

It's not that I don't plan, it's just that my plans are usually big picture and flexible. I justify my method of planning due to the changeability of a group of seven year olds. And since I've become a one-to-one classroom, planning has become more of an exercise in anticipation. I think we're going to do this today because we're supposed to; however, in reality, sometimes things come up and I'd be doing my kids a disservice if we didn't explore what's got their interest. I'll find a standard to match it to later. Did I mention that they are seven?

So, I'm ready to spend a day recharging and prepping for week 4. It's hard to believe that this course in half over. It has definitely been a sprint and not a marathon. I hope my fingers and brain can make two more laps.

2 comments:

  1. I am a Technology teacher for PK through 5th grade and I know what you mean. I can have great lesson plans with everything written out. Then 10 minutes into class that goes out the door because someone had great news.

    I think that since this action research project is not "written in stone" any more that our internship plan, whatever our Site Supervisor approves should be OK.

    I just submitted to BB and TK20. I will start Week 4's reading after while. I am sure your brain and fingers can make two more laps if you work with seven year olds during the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree and then agree some more! The hardest part is not knowing what happen in the new school year and what great challenges will be thrown our way! Cheers to week four!!!!

    ReplyDelete